For administrators with Remind Hub.
As part of the Remind rollout, district administrators can choose to provision user accounts and create classes for their organization using one of Remind’s SIS Sync methods. After accounts are created, both district and school administrators can help their community get connected on Remind by sending them a notification (email and/or text message) from the SIS Sync report (at the school level) with directions to log in to their SIS- or Clever-linked account.
A Remind Implementation team member will review your data with you before it goes live. After you review the errors and alerts, and give your implementation team member the ok to release your data, your data will flow into Remind and the creation of user accounts and classes will take place.
All users accounts created or updated by the sync will not receive any notification(s). You choose when to notify your teachers, and then parents and students about their rostered account, using the instructions below.
- The first Remind notification is manually triggered by a district or school administrator via the SIS Sync tab. This is an auto-generated message from Remind that cannot be edited.
- To send the notification to teachers, you must click Send email.
- To send the notification to students and parents, you must select Notify them.
- We recommend sending the teacher notification prior to the parent and student notification to allow teachers time to familiarize themselves with Remind.
- After the first notification is sent from the SIS sync report, any teacher, student or parent who is added to your school or district via a nightly SIS Sync will be auto-notified of their new account after 8am PDT (not immediately after the nightly sync).
- Prior to sending the first notification, we recommend that administrators turn off replies to their messages if they prefer not to receive replies from community members.
When you send the first teacher notification, teachers will receive an email to the email address used to create their Remind account with instructions to log in and claim their classes. If teachers already have a Remind account, they will have the option to merge their accounts.
Once teachers claim their rostered classes, they will become active for the rest of your community. You can read more about the teacher account setup process here.
If teachers have a hard time locating the Remind notification...
If teachers can’t find the Remind email in their inbox, have them go to this link and type in the email address that was used to create their account.
When you send the first notification to SIS-synced parents, they will receive an email to the email address or a text message to the mobile number used to access their Remind account. If parents have both a mobile number and an email address on their account, they will receive both an email and a text message.
If parents have a hard time locating the Remind notification...
When you send the first notification to students, they will receive an email to the email address used to create their Remind account or a text message to the mobile number used to create their Remind account. If students have both a mobile number and an email address on their account, they will receive both an email and a text message.
Please note: Clever does not store student mobile numbers and therefore, students created from Clever rostering will only receive the first notification via email. Students can add their mobile number to their rostered account using these instructions.
If students have a hard time locating the Remind notification...
Other Helpful Resources on Remind
- How do teachers set up their SIS-synced account?
- How can other participants join a class or a school?
- Are there email templates for informing my school community?
- How do I change my message notifications?