For parents at organizations with Remind Hub.
When your child's school upgrades to Remind Hub, the school has the option to create a Remind account for parents. If the administrator decides to do this, you'll receive an email, SMS, or both from Remind with a login link that will enable you to access your account. Once you log in, you'll automatically see all of the classes that the administrator added you to, so you can receive messages and stay informed about what is happening in your child's classes and school. You can follow the steps below to access your rostered account and take advantage of your new tools!
This article contains the following sections:
- Check your email and open the message from Remind.
- Click Claim your account in the email you received.
- If you have used Remind before, select Yes, I have. If you have not, skip to Step 4.
- Enter your existing username and password. Remind will link your existing Remind account with the one the school created. You'll still be able to access all of your pre-existing classes and contacts in your account.
- If you do not have a Remind account yet, select No, I am new to Remind, and then create a password.
- Remind will send you an email with a 4-digit confirmation code. Enter the confirmation code to verify your device.
- Optional: Enter your phone number to connect it to your Remind account. Click Send code and check your phone for the code. Enter the code on the screen to confirm your phone number. You can click Skip this step if you do not want to receive Remind messages via text.
Now you can review the classes the school added you to under Classes Joined. You'll receive messages from your child's teachers via the notification method you chose, and you can send them messages if the teachers have enabled two-way messages.
We highly recommend you download the Remind app as it is an easy way to receive and send messages.
You'll receive any messages from the school in this SMS thread. Messages from any classes you're added to will be in a separate SMS thread. You should save the phone number from a received message from your child’s school and their teachers to your contacts.
For more information on Remind text messages, please read the article: What Remind texts look like.
We highly recommend you download and use our Remind app to ensure you receive every message from your organization.
- Open the app.
- Tap on a class you were added to under Classes joined.
- Tap on the class owner's name - it will be the first person listed on the Messages tab.
- Click View announcements sent before you joined to see previous announcements from the class owner.