After you’ve set up auto messaging for your organization, you can read this article to view our frequently asked questions:
- How do I know if my auto message is active?
- What's the number of recipients for a single auto message?
- What are the unidentified student numbers in my CSV?
- What is the maximum number of columns I can add to an auto message CSV file?
- Why did some students or parents not receive the auto message?
- Can I automatically translate an auto message?
- Additional resources
How do I know if my auto message is active?
You can see a list of Active, Inactive, and Draft auto messages on your Auto messages dashboard in Remind. You can only send an auto message that is in an active state.
Here's a list of statuses that your auto messages may be in.
- Active - A customized message that you've set up to send.
- Inactive - An auto message you paused. Typically for periods when school is out, such as a summer or winter break.
- Draft - An auto message that you’ve started and are still working on.
What's the number of recipients for a single auto message?
You can send an auto message to up to 50,000 student numbers in Remind at a time. Your auto message will be sent to all 50,000 students, and/or all of their connected parents, depending on how your auto message is set up.
Can I fix students with missing parent or guardian connections?
Yes, to connect parents or guardians to students:
- Log in to Remind.
- Select the School the student is in.
- Click the People tab.
- Click the blue plus signto the right of the student missing a parent or guardian.
- Enter the parent or guardian's full name in the pop-up box.
Note 1: If you do not see a parent or guardian listed in the pop-up box, click the X at the top right corner, and manually add a parent or guardian by following step 3 in How to add people to a class or school.Note 2: Once you’ve added the parent or guardian to the class or school, repeat steps 2- 5 to connect another parent or guardian to a student.
- Select their name, and click Add parent.
What are the unidentified student numbers in my CSV?
Unidentified people are the number of people who did not receive your message. This error occurs because the student number you provided does not match a rostered student at your school, or the student is not linked to a guardian in Remind.
- Ensure your CSV spreadsheet has the correct student_numbers linked to the correct school. If a student is not found, please verify that all information is accurate and up to date in the rostering files.
- Connect any students under 13 to their respective parent or guardian accounts so they can receive messages on their behalf. To connect parent or guardian, click here.
What is the maximum number of columns I can add to an auto message CSV file?
There's a limit of 20 columns per auto message CSV file. Customized auto messages are still limited to 10,000 characters.
Why did some students or parents not receive the auto message?
Some students or parents may not have received your auto message due to incorrect student numbers or student contact information. Please confirm all student numbers included in your CSV file transferred to Remind via SFTP, match the students listed in your organization. To confirm a student number, go to the People list, click on a student, expand on the school name section, and verify the SIS student ID.
Remind Hub administrators: You have the ability to change and/or update a member’s contact information.
Can I automatically translate an auto message?
Auto messages are not automatically translated.
You’ll need to set up an auto message for each language. Then activate the translate button in your auto message setup, so that the message will go out to people in their preferred language.
- How do I view the message summary for my auto messages?
- How do I activate and reactivate my auto message?