For teachers in an organization with a Remind hub. Available on web only.
You can easily change the first and last name of individuals in classes you own via your Remind dashboard online at any time.
Instead of editing names, adding private notes is also a great way to keep track of who's who! Click here to learn more about private notes.
To edit a class participant's name:
- Log in to your Remind account.
- Click on the class the individual is in under Classes owned.
- Click the People tab. A list of Everyone in the class will automatically appear.
- To see a list of names specifically for Students, Parents, Teachers, or individuals with No role, click on the vertical dropdown icon.
- Or, you can find a specific person by typing their name in the search box.
Click the name of the person whose profile name you want to change.
Select the three vertical dots on their profile .
- Choose Edit Name.
- Change the individual's first and/or last name.
- Click Save.
- To change the name of a person in a class you own, your class must be linked to a school.
- SIS data changes made by your administrator will override any updates you make to an individual's name manually.
- After you've updated their profile name, the individual will receive an email notification.