You can add, remove, or edit your cell phone number and email address as well as adjust your app and desktop notifications via your Remind dashboard.
- Log into your Remind account on a computer.
- Click your name in the upper left corner and then click on "Account settings."
- Select the "Notification Preferences" tab.
- Set your preferred way to receive notifications.
Note: You can change, add, or remove an email or phone number in your account on this page. Once added, you will need to confirm your new device through a 4-digit confirmation code; so make sure you can easily access your landline and/or mobile number.
- Log into the app on your phone.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on Account.
- Click on the gear in the top right and choose 'Notifications.'
- Choose any combination of push notifications for the app, email, and text (at least one needs to be turned on).
- To remove your cell phone number from your account, press and hold the number and you'll see the option to delete it.
- In the app, tap the gear icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose "Push" (the Remind logo pops up at the top of your screen if you receive a message), or double check your cell phone number and email address and save those preferences.
Note 1: When you download the app, push notifications are turned on and your text and email Remind messages are automatically disabled - so you do not receive duplicates.
Note 2: If you are adding your landline number to your account, keep in mind that it will only be reachable for:
- Voice calls: With voice calls, you can reach both mobile and landline numbers. Personal phone numbers stay private and calls are automatically logged.
- Urgent messages: When administrators send urgent messages, they will reach everyone in your community across all available devices, including landlines.