For administrators with Remind Hub.
You can make yourself an owner of any class in your organization, make others owners of classes as well as remove your ownership of a class via the admin dashboard.
This article has the following sections:
Become a class owner
First join the class:
- Select a school from the Schools list located on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click on the Classes tab at top of the screen.
- Select the desired class from the list.
- Tap Join this class.
- Click on the class listed under Classes Joined on the bottom left side of the dashboard.
- Select the People tab at the top and search your name.
- Click the three dots (...) that appear on the far right, under your profile.
- Click Make owner of class.
- Select Add to confirm that you want to become an owner of the class.
- Refresh the page. The class will now be listed under Classes Owned.
If a teacher has the teacher approval feature activated for their class, they must first approve your request before you can make yourself an owner of their class.
Make others a class owner
Once you've made a person an owner of a class, you cannot remove their ownership. They have to remove themselves via their Remind account. However, you can remove your ownership of a class at any time.
We'll send the new class owner an email or an SMS about the change depending on their notification preferences.
From the People page
Remove your class ownership
- Select a class on your Classes owned list.
- Click the Settings tab at the top.
- Scroll down to the Class owners section.
- Click Remove me as class owner.
- If you are the only class owner, you will not see this option. You first have to add another class owner, and then you'll be able to remove yourself.
- Select Remove on the pop-up to confirm the action.
- Refresh your page and the class will now be listed under Classes joined.
- You must first remove yourself as an owner before you can leave a class.
- At the moment, you cannot remove co-owners from a class. If someone no longer wants to be a co-owner, they must log in to their Remind account, and follow the steps above to remove themselves.