For administrators with Remind Hub.
There is a high chance that members of your community were already using Remind to send messages before your organization upgraded to Remind Hub. These members created their own Remind account and linked it to your school in the past. They can continue using Remind now that you’ve upgraded to Remind Hub, and they still exist in your organization. As you prepare to implement Remind Hub at your organization, you must inform these existing users about the upcoming changes.
This article contains the following sections:
Inform your community
We highly recommend you take the following steps to ensure your school's People list is accurate and up-to-date:
Send out a school-wide message
Send a message to everyone in your organization, before directly adding participants or SIS rostering, to inform past members on how they can leave your school.
[School Name] is excited to be using Remind for school-wide communication for this academic year! We will be creating official accounts for any current student and family members using the available contact information we have on file.
If you or your child are no longer at our school, you can unsubscribe by texting back “@leave @[Replace with your unique school code]” to any text messages you may receive. If you are using the Remind app, you can go to your account settings and click “Leave” next to our school name. You can learn more about this process here: leave a school. Thank you!
Empower your teachers
Send a message to all teachers asking them to do the following:
- Add their work email to their Remind account, if they haven’t already
- Clean up their classes and people lists
- Cleaning up your Classes (at the end of the semester/school year)
- Remove People from your Class
- Archiving and Unarchiving Classes
- Make sure their classes are linked to your school
At [school name], we want to uphold safe and positive school and classroom communication on Remind. By [date], please take some time to review your currently owned classes on Remind, archive classes you are no longer using, and remove individual participants who should not be in your active classes. Be sure to join our school and link classes to our school, that are appropriate, to take advantage of Remind Hub features. We also recommend that you check your notification preferences and add your school email address, if you have not done so already.
Note: Once a teacher archives a class, their class will no longer appear in the teacher's nor your school's Classes list, and the Remind community will no longer be able to search and join the class. Class participants will receive a notification when the teacher archives the class.
Update your Classes and People list
Review your Class List
Remove any outdated or irrelevant classes. Removing a class will disconnect the class from your school and remove any members that are not connected to your SIS or not in any other class connected to your school.
To view all the classes in your school, click on the Classes tab and select the Date created tab. Take note of any classes that have not had any recent activity, and decide if you want them removed from your school. We highly recommend removing any classes in which the owner and/or participants are no longer affiliated with your school. To remove a class:
- Select the Classes tab
- Click Date Created (fifth tab on the right)
- Click on the name of a class
- Click on the three dots that appear on the right
- Select Remove from [school name]
Note: You can only remove non-SIS-linked classes.
Review your People List
The People list is only accessible at the school level in the Remind admin dashboard. Be mindful of non-rostered members who may still benefit from Remind communication (such as grandparents, babysitters, coaches, etc.) before removing them from the school. To view all of the people in your organization, click the People tab. You can also select the filter icon to view teachers, students, and parents separately.
Teachers - Filter by last announcement sent to view those who have not been active. Check to see if any teachers own 0 classes.
Students - Locate users who are in 0 classes, and drill into the user profile to verify contact information.
Parents - Locate users who are in 0 classes, and drill into the user profile to verify contact information.
No Role - Verify contact information. Assign an appropriate role (teacher, parent, student) when needed, or remove or leave the participant in the "no role" (See Best Practice #2 below).
To remove an individual:
- Click on their name
- Click the three dots on the right
- Select Remove from school
To remove people in bulk:
- Click on the circle to the left of a person's name. The circle will turn into a checkbox.
- Select the box of anyone on the list you wish to remove.
- Click on the Remove option on the right.
Manage Accounts in your Organization
- Before removing unverifiable users, send them a message first to let them know how to correctly join the appropriate school or class:
- Sample message:
Based on the contact information on this account, we are not able to verify if you belong at [school/district name], thus we will be removing this account from [school/district]. If you believe this is an error, please contact [the main office or your student’s teacher] to receive directions on how to rejoin.
- Sample message:
- For non-traditional roles, such as athletic coaches or bus drivers, assign them the no role or the staff role to prevent them from receiving role-based messages that are meant for parents, students, or teachers. Click here to learn more about the types of roles we have at Remind to decide the best role for a school or class participant.