For district and school admins with Remind Hub.
Every Remind member can receive messages via the Remind app, email, and/or text. Community members can decide how they want to receive messages by making updates to their notification preferences at any time.
If you sent a message to someone and they did not receive it, we recommend reviewing the reachability icons on their profile so you can learn how you can best reach them. Depending on what devices they have connected and enabled notifications for on their account, their reachability status will either be Instantly Reachable, Only reachable via Email, or Unreachable.
We recommend encouraging all your members to download the Remind app and enable push notifications to ensure they receive your message immediately, and to track how many people read your message.
This article contains the following sections:
The possible message notification statuses an individual can have on their profile are shown in the table below.
Meaning & Recommendations
How to access reachability information
- Click on the school you manage from the left navigation menu.
- Click on the People tab.
- Select the name of the individual who did not receive your message.
- Review the reachability status for their Remind app, phone, and email.
- Click Text Messages or Email to expand the Contact information section of an individual's profile to view the phone number and/or email linked to their account, and learn which devices have notifications turned off.
- Individuals with only a landline linked to their account will be shown as being unreachable by text message.
- If a person already has the Remind app but is still not getting messages, we recommend they delete their app and download it again to ensure they have the latest app.