To ensure your district Remind data accurately reflects changes made in your Student Information System (SIS) each term, complete the steps outlined in this article before the start of a new term.
Remind will import second-term rosters as soon as you include them in the Clever data you share with Remind.
This article contains the following sections:
- Ask teachers to archive non-rostered classes
- Review and share Clever data
- Resolve sync holds in Remind
- Ask teachers to claim their new classes
Prior to the start of the new term, ask your teachers to log in to their Remind account and review and archive all of the classes they manually created and will not use in the next term. Share this instructional article on archiving classes with them.
Optional - Should you want to archive the classes for your teachers in bulk, you can do so from your admin dashboard. Teachers will receive an email notification that their classes have been archived. We highly recommend you send an announcement to all of your teachers to let them know you're going to archive their old classes before you do so.
Read Clever’s Term Rollover: Overview, Preparation & Recommendations article to learn how to manage semester changes.
- Log in to your Clever account.
- Review all Clever holds for the new term on your organization's Sync Report page.
- Approve the new data if it is accurate. Reach out to Clever Support for assistance if your data for the new term does not look correct.
- Go to the Applications page in Clever.
- Review your organization's sharing permissions and make sure you're still sharing current data with Remind.
- Review section_ids and make sure they are different in Clever. Contact Clever if you need assistance with the section_ids.
We highly recommend using new section_ids for each term. You should update them each semester for all classes - even if the same teacher is teaching the same subject with the same class name. You should also use new section_ids when you have a new teacher for the same course.
To ensure accurate data is transferred from Clever, Remind has several safeguards in place.
Sync holds: Our system will detect large data removals when your organization's shared Clever data no longer includes first-term classes or enrollments and place your sync on hold. You'll be notified via email when a sync is placed on hold. Once the hold is cleared, your new term rosters will begin populating in Remind.
To resolve sync holds:
- In Remind, navigate to the school’s SIS Sync Report page.
- Click Clear holds to remove the hold if the data looks correct.
- Learn more about sync holds here.
- To resolve sync holds:
Errors and alerts: Errors are issues in your SIS that prevent teacher or student accounts from being created. It's critical that you address these as soon as possible. Alerts are minor data errors in your SIS that, if fixed, would make Remind more useful and productive to use for your school community. Learn more about sync errors & alerts.
Ask teachers to claim their new classes
- Teachers should archive rostered classes and claim new classes - When your new term data is successfully shared with Remind, teachers will receive an email about their new rostered classes. Once they log in to their account, teachers will be prompted to archive their old rostered classes from the last term and claim their new classes. Parents and students will get notified about their new classes after teachers claim them.
- New teacher notifications - New teachers added to your Clever data over the term break will automatically receive an email notification when your Clever sync resumes.
- New class notifications - Notifications about new class enrollments will be sent to teachers automatically.