A school's Clever sync will be placed on hold if Remind suspects a data configuration issue with your school information, or if Remind encounters an issue with the Clever sync connection. You will be notified via email when a sync is placed on hold.
Instructions for resolving each of the different hold states are outlined below:
As a policy, Remind holds syncs that will have a large impact on your data. This is an opportunity to review the data removals to make sure they're expected. Please note this hold type is to be expected when Clever syncs are updated during the semester and year-end changes.
- If the changes are unexpected, contact your SIS administrator or Clever Support for help, and undo the removals in Clever. Once you have addressed the issue, click Check for new Clever data, and confirm the action on the next screen by clicking Yes, continue.
- If the data removals are expected, click Confirm removals.
- If you need to filter out emergency and secondary contacts from your data share with Remind, contact your SIS administrator or Clever Support.
- Once you've removed emergency and secondary contacts from your data share with Remind, click Check for new Clever data, and then click Yes, Continue on the school's SIS sync report. Remind will process the sync immediately.
Your Clever sync will be placed on hold if Remind is unable to connect with Clever.
- Check your settings in Clever. Make sure of the following:
- Once you've addressed the above, click I fixed it on the school's SIS sync report. Remind will attempt to reconnect with Clever and process the sync immediately.