For all Remind users. Applicable to the web and app.
If you're not receiving messages sent to you, review your Account settings to make sure everything is set up properly.
If you're the class owner and replies to your messages are not coming through, make sure you have replies enabled in your Notification preferences.
For all other types of missed messages, check the following:
Do you have the Remind app? If not, download it here.
- Make sure you’ve joined the Class, and you can see it listed under Classes joined on the left side navigation menu.
- If the class is not listed, join the class. If the class owner has the setting “require approval to join” turned on, they’ll need to approve you before you’ll be admitted into the class.
- Review your Notification settings and enable the device you want to receive messages as indicated by the blue bell. A gray icon means that the device is turned off and will not receive messages.
- When you get the Remind app, the app notifications will be set as your new default messaging method, and other devices will be switched off to prevent duplicate messaging.
- If you prefer to receive messages in ways other than app notifications, you will need to enable them again.
Have you checked All conversations? Scroll down to the bottom of the left navigation menu to All conversations and search for the message or the sender’s name. You may find the message was delivered but missed.
Is your cell phone carrier blocking Remind messages for that class? If you successfully joined a class by text, but aren't receiving messages, it's possible that the cell phone carrier is not delivering Remind messages.
- Please contact our Support team with your cell carrier, your cell phone number, and the class you aren't receiving messages from. We can look deeper into the issue for you.
- If you've downloaded the Remind app, please review your Notification preferences, and make sure your email and/or phone number is turned on.
Still need help? Go to Help in your Account settings, or email email@example.com from the email address that you used when joining, and include the class code for the class you tried joining.