Now that you're part of The Remind Plan, you can use your cell phone to make calls and still keep your personal number private!
First, you'll need to link your cell phone number to your Remind account. You can do that from any of the Calls tabs in your account or the Communication tab from your Account settings.
Then, from any of the Calls tab, select the blue button from the top right corner that says Make a call.
- If the participant has the blue lightning bolt next to their name and is accepting calls via Remind, you'll be able to call them no problem!
- If the participant doesn't have the blue lightning bolt next to their name, then they haven't added a phone number to their account on Remind. If you know their personal cell phone number, you can add it and make the call. If not, you can always send them a message.
We'll then ring your cell phone to initiate the call so make sure you've got your phone close by.
Tips for Voice Calls
Before your first call
- Set your office hours in Remind. When someone calls outside of your office hours, they'll be informed you're not currently accepting calls and they'll be given the option to send a message. Not sure how to set your office hours, check out the directions here.
- Set the voicemail message on your cell phone. Since we connect the call from your Remind account to your actual cell phone, if your voicemail isn't set up when someone calls you, the robotic voice will give away your cell phone number.
After the call
- Save the number in your phone. This way you can easily message or call them back without having to log into your account on the web or in the app.
Tips for Call notes
During the call
After the call