With voice calls, members of your community can call any phone through Remind, including landlines.
This article includes the following:
Before you make a voice call on Remind, you'll need to take the following steps:
- Link your cell phone number to your Remind account. On web, you can do this by navigating to your Notification Preferences from your Account Settings.
- Set office hours. Teachers can only receive calls during office hours. When someone calls outside of office hours, they'll hear an automated recording that states that you are unavailable and they should call again later. They are also prompted to send a message as an alternative. See how to set up office hours here. Though teachers can set office hours, students and parents cannot.
- Record your voicemail on your cell phone. Because Remind voice calls are connected to your cell phone, people may reach your voicemail if you are unavailable during office hours.
- Make sure your cell phone is within reach and connected to cell service.
- Log in to your Remind account.
- Click on the Calls tab via one of the classes you own.
- If you are a district administrator, you can also access the calls tab via the district or a school.
- If you are a school administrator, you can also access the calls tab via your school.
- Click on the Make a Call button in the top right corner or in the middle of the page.
- Search for the name of the person you want to call, or scroll through the list of names and click on the blue phone icon for the person you want to reach.
- Answer your phone and follow the voice prompt.
- Your Remind dashboard will show you the progress of the call. If the call recipient picks up, you can click Add call notes to document details of the conversation as you speak with them.
- If the call recipient does not pick up, you can click Send Message to deliver a follow-up text message.
iOS or Android app
- Open the Remind app.
- Click on a class you own.
- Select the phone icon on located on the top right corner of the screen.
- If you're a district or school administrator, you can access the phone via your district or school.
- Search for the name of the person you want to call, or scroll through the list of names, and select the name of the person you want to call.
- Click the green Call button, and confirm that you want to make the call by clicking Call on the pop-up screen.
- You can only make calls to people who have set their Remind account to accept calls which is everyone that has a blue lightning bolt located on their initial or photo. If recipients don't have an available device, or aren't accepting calls, you can send a message or voice clip instead.
- To receive calls, your community members must select Allow people to make Remind voice calls to your phone, and choose their preferred number for voice calls via their Account Settings.
Once complete, Remind will record your voice call duration in your conversation with the recipient. It will also appear in your call log and your message history.
Select Add call notes to record any call details or follow-ups.
iOS or Android app
Click Take notes to document any call details or follow-ups.