With voice calls, you can call any phone, including landlines, via Remind. You can only make calls to teachers and parents in your class(es) who have set their Remind account to accept calls - which is everyone that has a phone number associated with their account, and has their Call preferences checked to receive calls. If someone doesn't have an available device, or isn't accepting calls, you can send them a message instead.
To receive calls, you must select Receive calls through Remind, and choose your preferred number for voice calls via your Account Settings.
This article contains the following sections:
- Prerequisite - Set up voice calling
- How to place a voice call
- How to receive a voice call
- How to record call notes
Prerequisite - Set up voice calling
Before you make a voice call on Remind, you'll need to take the following steps:
- Link your phone number to your Remind account. On the web, you can do this by navigating to your Notification Preferences from your Account Settings.
- Record your voicemail on your cell phone.
- Make sure your cell phone is within reach and connected to cell service.
How to place a voice call
- Log in to your Remind account.
- Click on the Calls tab via one of the classes you own or you’ve joined.
- Click on the Make a Call button in the top right corner or in the middle of the page.
- Search for the name of the person you want to call, or scroll through the list of names and click on the blue phone icon for the person you want to reach.
- Answer your phone and follow the voice prompt.
- You may see a grayed phone next to a name. This means that person either hasn't connected a phone number to their account or they haven't chosen to accept calls.
- Your Remind dashboard will show you the progress of the call.
- If the call recipient does not pick up, you can click Send Message to deliver a follow-up text message.
- Once complete, Remind will record your voice call history with the recipient. It will appear in your messages stream and your call history.
- Open the Remind app.
- Click on a class you own or you've joined.
- Select the phone icon located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Search for the name of the person you want to call, or scroll through the list of names, and select the name of the person you want to call.
- Click the green Call button, and confirm that you want to make the call by clicking Call on the pop-up screen.
- Open the Remind app.
- Tap on a class you own or you've joined.
- Select the People tab.
- Tap the name of the individual you want to call.
- Tap the phone icon located on the top right corner of the screen.
- If it is the first time you are placing a call, tap Allow to enable Remind to make calls via your device.
- Click the green Call button to place the call.
How to receive a voice call
Voice calls from Remind will show on your phone as a normal call from a randomly assigned phone number. You simply need to Accept to receive a call from the parent, teacher or administrator in your Remind school or district.
If you miss a voice call from a Remind user, you can call them back using the same phone number seen in your Recent Calls list. The call you missed will be listed as a Missed call.
How to record call notes
Only for teachers.
You can take notes during or after a Remind phone call. Notes are private and are not seen by others. You can only take call notes on Incoming or Outgoing calls, not Canceled calls.
To take a note:
- From the Calls tab on your dashboard, click the name of the person you spoke to.
- In the conversation section, click Take notes.
- Choose a Reason for call, and document details you want to record in the Notes section.
- Click Save when you're done.