For teachers and administrators.
- Log in to Remind.
- Click on your name located on the top left corner of the dashboard.
- Select Account Settings.
- Click Notification Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Message options section.
- Select Allow replies to your messages.
- Scroll down to the Office hours section.
- Click on the Turn on office hours button.
- Click on the first time box, and select the time people can begin reaching you in the mornings.
- Click the second time box, and choose the time people have until to reach you in the evenings.
- Select the day(s) people can contact you.
- Open the Remind app.
- Select the gear icon located at the top left corn of the screen.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Replies section, and toggle the button to the right to Allow students and parents to reply to your announcements.
- Scroll up to the Office hours section, and click Edit office hours.
- Click the first box under the Hours section, and select the time on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap and scroll through the hour and minute digits to set the morning start time.
- Tap and scroll through the hour and minute digits to set the evening start time.
- Select the day(s) people can reach you.
You can always select Turn off office hours to deactivate office hours.
We recommend informing your community members of your office hours as well as setting expectations regarding how to reach you outside of office hours. When someone tries to send a message or call you outside of your office hours, they will see a notification that lets them know you are not currently available.
If they attempt to send you a message anyway, they will see a pop-up notification that asks them to confirm their action, and lets them know you may not see their message.
People can only call you during your office hours, so if they try to ignore the office hours notification, they will see a pop-up box that encourages them to send you a message instead.