For administrators with Remind Hub who completed a ClassLink sync. The new dashboard is coming soon.
When you're on the SIS sync dashboard for your district, scroll down to the Schools section. Here you'll see the schools in your district that have one of the following sync statuses:
Connected - Schools that are successfully sharing data to Remind via ClassLink.
On hold - Schools that have sync changes that will significantly impact their data.
Not connected - Schools that are not sharing any data with Remind.
The district administrator in charge of your sync will be notified via email whenever a sync is placed on hold.
This article has the following sections:
On hold reasons
Any time a school is on hold:
- Select the school.
- Click Download CSV of changes.
- Review the sync changes to ensure they are expected.
Although you can release holds on each school's SIS sync dashboard, we recommend doing so from the district level because you can view all the schools at once and take action for one or more schools at one time.
Large number of removals - You'll see this hold when ClassLink syncs are updated during semester- and year-end changes, such as the removal of people and classes and changes to source IDs.
- If data removal changes are unexpected, contact your SIS administrator or ClassLink Support to help undo the removals in ClassLink. Once you have addressed the issue, click Check for new ClassLink data, and confirm the action on the next screen by clicking Yes, Continue.
- If the data removals are expected for specific schools, select the schools and click Clear holds.
Too many parent connections - Students have six or more guardians associated with them.
- If the student should have fewer guardians connected to them, remove the associations in ClassLink and click Check for new ClassLink data in Remind to sync again.
- If you've confirmed all the guardians and their numbers should be linked to the student, select the school, and Clear holds.
Emergency contacts included - Some people in your data have the "emergency" or "secondary" contact type in ClassLink. We don’t recommend creating accounts for emergency or secondary contacts. We also don't recommend creating an account for people who should not receive messages about students.
- If you need to filter out emergency and secondary contacts from your data shared with Remind, contact your SIS administrator or ClassLink Support. Once you've removed emergency and secondary contacts from your data shared with Remind, click Check for new ClassLink data, and then click Yes, Continue on the school's SIS sync report. Remind will process the sync immediately.
You may have schools in your district that are not sending data to Remind. If this is intentional, you don't have to take any action. If you need to connect a school, you can click Match schools and follow the prompts on the page to share the school's data with Remind.
Your ClassLink sync will be placed on hold if Remind cannot connect with ClassLink.
- Check your settings in ClassLink. Make sure of the following:
- Once you've addressed the above, click I fixed it on the school's SIS sync report. Remind will attempt to reconnect with ClassLink and process the sync immediately.