For administrators with a Remind plan.
If you're an administrator with a Remind Plan, you can send schoolwide and districtwide messages to your entire community in addition to the basic types of messages.
The messages tab is where you can send announcements and initiate individual or group conversations with members of your school or district. You’re also able to send targeted messages by role to teachers, parents, students and administrators.
Sending organization-wide messaging
- Go to the messages tab in your administrator dashboard.
- Click on the blue composer icon to select the district or school(s) you wish to message.
Participants can text “@leave @[school code or district code]” to any text messages received from the school they want to leave. If they're using the Remind app, they can go to their account settings and click “Leave” next to the school or district name.
Participants who wish to leave their schools should not text "Stop" as this will block all texts from all classes.
Sending other types of messages
You can use the search bar to message an individual participant at your organization. Type in the name of a teacher, student, parent, or administrator to locate or initiate a conversation.
- Click on the blue composer icon.
- Search for people or classes to send a message to or select recipient(s) from a school or class to send your message to. Click the grey arrow under a district, school or class to select a particular audience to send a role-based message to only "teachers, students, parents, or admins."
- After selecting your recipients(s), you’ll see them appear under selected on the right hand side of the queue. Click the X to remove a selected recipient.
- Click continue and you’ll be directed to the new message screen where you can type your message before clicking send.
- Use the following features below to enhance your message:
- Translate: Click translate and a menu will appear with a search bar at the top where you can translate your message in over 85 languages.
- Drag and drop: Easily drag and drop files such as photos or documents from your computer to attach with your message.
- Add to your message: Link your Quizlet, Google Drive, Google Classroom, and One Drive to your message.
- Schedule: Schedule your message to be sent at a later date and time by clicking the calendar, selecting a date and then by clicking a time on the time field. Your message will be scheduled to be sent at the date and time selected.
View announcements you have sent to groups within your school such as Everyone, Parents, Teachers, Students, and/or Admins. By clicking into one of these message threads, you’re able to see the message history sent to this group. Clicking Message everyone at the bottom of the message thread will allow you to send a message to the group or individual.
View individual and group conversations in the conversations section. Conversations are listed in showing your most recent conversations at the top. Click on a conversation to view message history and click message and the message queue will appear.
You can use your administrator dashboard to manage people in your school or district.