For all Remind users
You can easily obtain message history for your group conversations, individual chats, and class announcements through your Remind account online. Just make sure there is an active email address linked to your Remind account as your message history and other message history requests will be sent via email. The link you receive for the message history will expire after 90 days.
This article contains the following sections:
Group conversations and individual chats
To send a log of your group conversations or individual chats to your linked email:
- Click on the three dots in the upper right hand side of the conversation feed.
- Select Email message history from the list.
An email containing the message history will be sent via email linked to your Remind account as a PDF attachment.
Obtain your class announcements:
- Sign in to your Remind account.
- Click on your name, which is located on the top-left corner of your dashboard.
- Select Account settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Message history from the list of options from the navigation menu on the left.
- Under the Announcements section, choose the class and select the time frame from which you would like the messages.
- Click Export to have the announcement message history you've requested emailed to you. If you do not see your message history in your inbox, check your Spam or Junk folder.
When you open your message history PDF, you will see a list of the dates you sent messages, the classes to which you sent the messages, the number of recipients for each message as well as the actual message you sent.
On the message history page, you will see an Exporting user data section. Clicking Export data will not send you your message history. Instead, this is a GDPR requirement that enables you to port your data to another company if necessary.
I am a teacher
Note: As a teacher, you can only get your own message history. You cannot request the message history of others.
Requests for your message history
If your school administrator wants to receive a log of your announcements and/or individual and group messages, they can send you an email requesting permission to get a PDF of your communication on Remind. Or, your school administrator can obtain your message history directly from a district administrator. District administrators can instantly retrieve the message history of anyone in their organization.
If you need any further support on requesting message history or for special requests, please contact support here.