Available to administrators with a Remind School Plan or District Plan. You can learn more about these plans here.
Rostering is the fastest, most effective way to roll out Remind across your organization. By automatically creating accounts and classes with data from your SIS (Student Information System), you can expand reach and drive adoption across your entire community.
This guide includes everything you need to set up rostering at your organization.
- Step 1: Choose a rostering method
- Step 2: Transfer data from your SIS
- Step 3: Notify teachers, students, and parents
- Step 4: Manage your SIS sync
Step 1: Choose a rostering method
An important step to rolling out Remind to your school or district community is choosing the best approach for creating teacher, student and parent accounts and rostering classes with data from your SIS:
- Direct Sync – Transfer data from your SIS directly to Remind via SFTP. This method can accommodate CSV files formatted to Remind requirements (OneRoster support coming soon). We recommend Direct sync for schools and districts with SFTP capabilities.
- Clever Sync – Transfer data from your SIS to Remind via Clever. We recommend Clever sync for schools and districts already using Clever.
- Direct Add – If transferring data from your SIS isn’t an option right now, you can create teacher, student and parent accounts by importing community members into Remind directly. We recommend Direct add for smaller schools and non-traditional organizations.
Step 2: Transfer data from your SIS
Once you’ve chosen a rostering option for your school or district, you can begin transferring data from your SIS. You can find detailed instructions for each option below.
In addition to the options above, administrators can create teacher, student and parent accounts using the Direct Add method. Once teacher accounts are created, teachers can set up classes and add participants. Here's a quick video that highlights the class creation process for teachers.
Please note that Remind does not support changing your SIS Sync method at this time.
Step 3: Notify teachers, students, and parents
To make the onboarding experience as smooth as possible, we recommend informing your community prior to rostering (e.g., via email, handout, or in-person announcement). You can use these templates to create your emails.
After your finish transferring data from your SIS with a Direct Sync or a Clever Sync, you’ll need to notify teachers, students, and parents about their new accounts, as no automatic notifications are sent during account creation. Learn more about the first notification here.
- Teachers will receive an email with directions to log in and claim their classes. Their accounts will only become active once this step is completed.
- Students and parents will receive a message through their primary contact point with directions to log in to their account.
Step 4: Manage your SIS sync
After you transfer your data from your SIS to Remind, you can check the status of your sync through your SIS sync report. In your administrator dashboard, select SIS sync to drill down into sync details. District administrators can click on the name of each school to access school specific information.