For administrators with a School and District plan.
Rostering is the fastest, most effective way to roll out Remind across your organization. By automatically creating accounts and classes with data from your student information system (SIS), you can expand reach and drive adoption across your entire community.
This guide includes everything you need to set up rostering at your organization.
- Step 1: Choose a rostering option
- Step 2: Transfer data from your SIS
- Step 3: Notify teachers, students, and parents
- Step 4: Manage your SIS sync
To make the onboarding experience as smooth as possible, we recommend informing your community about the Remind rollout before you begin rostering your organization. Email templates for notifications are available here.
Step 1: Choose a rostering method
There are two options for rostering with a SIS sync, or transferring data from your SIS to Remind:
- Direct sync – Transfer data from your SIS directly to Remind via SFTP. This method can accommodate CSV files formatted to Remind requirements (OneRoster support coming soon). This option is recommended for schools and districts with SFTP capabilities.
- Clever sync – Transfer data from your SIS to Remind via Clever. This option is recommended for schools and districts already using Clever.
Tip: You can also create Remind accounts and classes without a SIS sync (click here for instructions). This option is recommended for smaller schools and districts as well as non-traditional organizations.
Step 2: Transfer data from your SIS
Once you’ve chosen a rostering option for your school or district, you can begin transferring data from your SIS. Detailed instructions for each option are below.
Once selected, your organization's rostering option can't be changed.
Note: The person completing the initial sync must be a district administrator in Remind. Here are directions on how to add administrators if you want to create an account for the right person. If you don't have access to your district's dashboard, contact support.
Step 3: Notify teachers, students, and parents
After you finish transferring data from your SIS, you’ll need to notify teachers, students, and parents about their new accounts, as no automatic notifications are sent during account creation. Learn more about the first notification here.
- Teachers will receive an email with directions to log in and claim their classes. Their accounts will only become active once this step is completed.
- Students and parents will receive a message through their primary contact point with directions to log in to their account.
Step 4: Manage your SIS sync
After you transfer your data from your SIS to Remind, you can check the status of your sync through your SIS sync report. In your dashboard, select SIS sync to drill down into sync details. District administrators can click on individual schools to access school-specific information.