For all parents. Web only.
Your account may have been accidentally linked to another student’s account, or you may no longer wish to have your account connected to your child’s account. This article will walk you through the steps on how to disconnect your parent account from a student’s account in Remind.
Things to keep in mind
- Only a parent who has their account linked to a student’s account can unlink them.
- Administrators cannot unlink a parent’s and student’s account.
- If your account and your child's account were linked together by your child's school, you'll see a green link icon. If you unlink accounts manually, the next sync will not automatically reconnect you and the student. Here's an article that shows you how to Connect a parent's account to a student account again.
- If you need assistance with unlinking accounts, please contact our Support team at email@example.com.
- Log in to your Remind account online > Navigate to Account Settings on the upper left.
- Scroll down to the Children portion of your Profile and review the list of connected students.
- Click the three dots to the right of the student you want to unlink, and click Remove child.
- Click Yes on the confirmation pop-up.
- The page will automatically refresh, showing a green message at the top of the page that says changes have been saved.