For Plus and Premium Remind Hub district or school administrators. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you're not sure whether your organization has this feature. This feature is not yet available. If you're a teacher or class owner, please click here. Web only.
Use our Surveys feature to collect meaningful, up-to-date information from your community right from within your Remind dashboard. Sending a survey is a great way to give your community members the opportunity to voice their opinions and ideas, and it's a quick and simple way to obtain actionable feedback throughout the year.
When you send out a survey, recipients only have to click on the link you sent them to access it; they don't have to worry about logging in. Also, our survey tool automatically gathers data your organization has shared with Remind (such as name, role, and contact information). Survey recipients can focus on answering more engaging questions that will give you insight into their needs.
We compile survey responses into an easy-to-read chart and CSV file so you can share the data and analyze it within the context of your district, school, and/or class goal(s). Use Surveys to reach your community, obtain data you can use to continuously improve, and build a stronger relationship with your community.
This article contains the following sections:
- Things to keep in mind
- Create, edit, and send a survey
- Obtain and review survey data
- Frequently asked questions
Things to keep in mind
Class owners create and edit surveys as well as view results for the classes they own or co-own, while school and district administrators can do so for all of their associated classes, schools, and/or districts.
District administrators, school administrators, and/or class owners can continue to edit surveys they have access to that are in the draft state. Do not make edits at the same time to avoid losing changes.
Survey results will automatically include the name, grade, role, school, preferred language, student ID as well as the phone number and/or email address of survey recipients if your organization already shares these user details with Remind. Only district and school administrators can view contact information.
Create, edit, and send a survey
- Log in to your Remind account online.
- Select a district, school, or class from the left navigation menu.
- Or, select your district and then click the Schools tab to select a school.
- Click the Surveys tab for a district or school. Or, click the Files tab and then select Surveys for a class.
- Click +Create survey.
- Click into Untitled Survey to add a survey title.
- Click into +Add description to provide a detailed statement about the survey.
- Click Customize in settings.
Accepting responses - keep Open selected so you can receive responses from survey recipients. You can close the survey any time after you've sent it.
Limit number of responses - choose One per person to allow recipients to only submit a survey response once, or choose Multiple per person to allow recipients to submit more than one response.
- Click Questions at the top.
- Scroll down and click Add Question.
- Click into Question 1 and type the first question.
- Click Text Answer to select the question type.
- Optional actions:
- Repeat steps 9-12 to add more questions to your survey.
- Click Preview to see how your survey will appear to recipients when they open it.
- Click Questions to return to the survey and make any necessary changes.
- Click Send to dispatch the survey to your community, or Done to save a draft of your survey.
- If you chose Send, scroll through the preview pop-up box to review your survey again. Click Continue if you're still ready to send it, or click Go back to keep making changes.
- If you chose Done, you can return to the Surveys dashboard to keep working on your draft at any time.
- Click into the To: section to select survey recipients and click Continue.
- You can send out the same survey multiple times and to different organizations, groups of people, and/or individuals.
- Compose a message to send along with the survey, and click Send.
Survey recipients will instantly get your message and the survey via email or SMS, depending on their notification preferences. They can click on the link in the message to access the survey.
Obtain and review survey data
- Log in to your Remind account online.
- Select a district or school from the left navigation menu.
- Click Surveys.
- Select the survey for which you want to view results.
- Click Responses to view a donut chart of the survey responses.
Frequently asked questions
Do users need to log in to Remind before they can reply to a survey?
No, they don't have to log in to their account. They simply click the survey link and they can immediately start recording their answers.
Can a survey recipient save their progress and submit their survey at a later time?
Survey recipients must complete the survey in one sitting. Their responses will not be saved partway through the survey.