You can use Remind to send messages to teachers, parents, and students in summer school programs at your organization.
Review Clever’s Summer School: Overview to prepare for the summer rollover. Then decide how you want to create classes and an account for summer school participants in Remind.
This article contains the following sections:
- Option 1: Unpause Clever sync and share summer school data
- Option 2: Keep Clever sync paused and create custom sections in Clever
- Option 3: Manually create summer school classes and accounts
Option 1: Unpause Clever sync and share summer school data
Clever automatically pauses all SIS to Clever syncs for all districts on the last Friday in May. Remind will continue to automatically sync with Clever even while your SIS to Clever sync is paused.
To create rostered summer school classes and accounts in Remind, you need to unpause your sync in Clever, then share your district's summer school data with Remind.
- We recommend sharing summer school courses as well as the data from the previous school year. This is to encourage community engagement over the summer months.
- Any data changes that are reflected in Clever will be reflected in Remind. Make sure you adjust data permissions to only add summer school classes.
Option 2: Keep Clever sync paused and create custom sections in Clever
You can create custom sections for summer school in Clever. Remind will receive the data that is in the custom sections during our nightly Clever sync. If you need any assistance with creating custom sections in Clever, please contact Clever’s support team.
To create custom sections:
- Log in to your Clever portal.
- Click Dashboard.
- Select Support tools.
- Navigate to the Custom data page.
- Select Add custom data.
- Click Sections.
- Follow the instructions outlined here to add the necessary section details.
If you need any assistance with creating custom sections in Clever, please contact Clever’s support team.
- Clever does not currently support creating custom schools.
- It can take up to 15 minutes for a newly created section to become available in Clever.
- Summer school classes and accounts will not update to reflect any information you change in your SIS, because your SIS-Clever sync is paused. Remind will only reflect new data when you make changes to the custom sections you created.
Option 3: Manually create summer school classes and accounts
We can create a “Summer School” for your district so you can directly add teachers, parents, and students who need to receive school-wide messages. Teachers can also create classes they need for the summer. If you’re interested in this method, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Summer school classes will not reflect any changes you make in Clever as they are manually created by teachers. Class owners can update summer school classes via their account.
- Teachers must manually archive summer school classes at the end of the summer.