|For Remind Hub administrators that have rostered via SIS sync|
When you complete an SIS sync for your organization, Remind automatically creates accounts and classes with data from your student information system (SIS). Teachers will then receive an email with directions to log in to their Remind account and claim their classes. Once they claim them, they will see their rostered classes on their Classes owned list.
If you need to identify which rostered classes have not been claimed by teachers in your organization, you can do so through the SIS sync tab for your district or a school’s Classes list. Teachers can only claim rostered classes by logging in to Remind on the web or app.
This article contains the following sections:
- Troubleshooting - Why can’t they claim classes
Notify class owners to claim their classes
SIS sync dashboard (coming soon)
- Log in to your account.
- Click your district.
- Select the SIS Sync tab.
- Scroll down to the Unclaimed Classes section.
- Select the school(s) that have unclaimed classes.
- Click Notify owners.
- Click Notify owners again to confirm your action.
Email notifications will subsequently be sent to all class owners with rostered classes that have yet to be claimed. This can take a few minutes.
- Log in to Remind.
- Click on your district on the left navigation menu, select the Schools tab, and click on your school.
- Or, click on your school if it's on the left navigation menu.
- Select the Classes tab.
- Click on the dropdown button next to the search bar.
- Here, you can see all Active or Unclaimed classes in your school. You can also search for an individual class to see if the class owner still needs to claim it. Only claim classes that have been archived will appear in either view.
- Choose Unclaimed in the dropdown menu.
- Click Notify class owners in the side panel.
All class owners with rostered classes will receive an email telling them you want them to claim their classes.
Troubleshooting - Why can’t they claim classes
- Are they banned from the organization? If a person is banned from your organization, they won't be able to claim their classes. Please contact our Support team via rmd.me/help to have them unbanned.
- Do you have class approval turned on? If you activated class approval for your organization, turn it off and then turn it back on after all your teachers have claimed their classes.
- Did the teacher accidentally merge their account with an under-13 account? Individuals with an under-13 account cannot claim classes. Please contact our Support team via rmd.me/help for assistance with unmerging their accounts.