In order for your teachers and staff members to have access to Canvas, you must first enable the feature from your administrator dashboard. Once you have activated Canvas, your teachers will then need to connect their Remind account to Canvas.
Setting up Canvas
From your Remind administrator dashboard in Remind*:
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Select App integrations from the navigation menu on the left.
- Click Set up for Canvas.
- Open Canvas in a new tab.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click on the name of the organization that needs Canvas configured.
- Select the Developer Keys tab.
- Click the + Developer Key button.
- Add a value (such as Remind) in the Key Name field.
- Enter the email address of the account owner in the Owner Email field.
- Leave the Redirect_URI (Legacy) field blank.
- Set Redirect_URI to the value: https://www.remind.com/v2/users/linked_accounts/72a39d91-c3e2-46d0-8e9b-d07d0b29ae3b/callback.
- Click Save Key. Canvas will then generate a new Developer Key.
- Return to your Remind account.
- Enter the ID and Key on the Using Canvas Cloud page (step 3).
Go to your Canvas browser window.
Copy the entire URL (exclude anything after .com), and paste it into the box under step 4 in Remind.
- Click the Submit button located on the bottom right side of the screen to save your Canvas setup in Remind.
Inform your staff
In order to make sure all the staff members in your organization set up their Canvas LMS integration, we recommend sending them a districtwide message on Remind with this helpful instruction on how to configure their account for Canvas.