For administrators with a Remind plan using OneRoster format 1.1
A CSV sync can contain up to six OneRoster CSV files. Be sure to include all required fields in your CSVs. Your files should always include a full snapshot of active school data; Remind will handle necessary additions, deletions, and updates for recurring syncs.
This article covers the following topics:
Remind is compatible with the OneRoster CSV format and conforms to OneRoster 1.1. Remind does not support the OneRoster API at this time.
There are six required files:
Fields highlighted in yellow are IDs used to make connections between files (e.g., enrolling a student in a class would link a student ID to a class ID). Take care to ensure that all users have unique user IDs in the users.csv file. Also, ensure all active classes and schools have unique IDs in the classes.csv and orgs.csv files.
- All IDs are case-sensitive.
- No quotations in any field.
Download template here: manifest.csv
The manifest.csv file configures the desired setup. We recommend creating accounts for all roles and all classes. This file is required.
Download template here: orgs.csv
The orgs.csv file provides school information to Remind. This file is required.
- This CSV should include only the paid Remind schools connected to your Remind account that need to be rostered.
Download template here: users.csv
The users.csv file provides user account information to Remind. This file should include all student, parent and teacher users. This file is required.
- An account will be created for every user included in your users.csv file. We strongly recommend excluding emergency contacts from this file as well as any individuals prohibited from contacting students.
- For a parent or guardian accounts to be created in Remind, at least one contact point (mobile phone number or email address) is required.
Download template here: demographics.csv
This demographics.csv file provides student date of birth information to Remind. This file is required to provision student accounts.
Download template here: classes.csv
The classes.csv file provides class information to Remind. This file is required to create rostered classes.
- Remind classes will be created for every section included in your files. We strongly recommend excluding any classes that should not be created in Remind.
- Title is the class name visible to class owners and participants on Remind. The class names should be unique for each class period or section so that each section is easily identifiable (e.g., English 101 Section 3).
Download template here: enrollments.csv
The enrollments.csv file provides enrollment information to Remind. This file is required to create rostered classes.
- There is a limit of 100 classes per user account.
- For parents or guardians to be enrolled in classes in Remind, they must be connected to a student.
How do I format students with parents?
Add the guardian’s sourcedId to the student’s agentSourcedIds.
In this example, Red Riding Hood will be linked as a student to the guardian Grandma Hood and Ma Hood in Forest High School (ID: ForestHS).