You may have multiple Remind accounts if you created accounts with multiple contact points (ie email/phone number.) Some symptoms of having duplicate accounts include not receiving messages for new classes or not seeing your classes.
Follow the steps below to ensure you properly combine your existing accounts:
Step 1: Confirm contact points
To identify if you have duplicate accounts and merge them into one account, you will need know how many accounts and devices you have on Remind. Keep in mind that Remind support can help link your multiple contact points to one Remind account, only as long as you can access the email address or cell phone number shared.
For each communication device you're using, follow these steps below to check which account and devices you're using:
On your computer (remind.com):
1. Click on your name in the upper left of the web when you are signed in.
2. Click on Communication.
3. Check which email address and/or cell phone numbers you see listed on that page.
1. Click on the icon of a person in the top left.
2. Click on the gear icon in the top right.
3. Click on Account Settings.
4. Check which email or cell phone number is listed on that page.
On Android device:
1. Click on the three vertical dots in the top right.
2. Click on Account.
3. Click on the gear icon in the top right.
4. Click on My settings.
5. Check which email or cell phone number is listed on that page.
Step 2: Contact the Remind support team
Once you've identified your accounts, you will need to contact support here and provide the following information:
- The email addresses and/or cell phone numbers you're using on Remind on your different devices.
- The class @code for any classes you're missing
Use the following message template:
I think I have multiple Remind accounts or I'm can't find my class (@code). Please help me merge them all into 1 account. Below is a list of all the email addresses and cell phone numbers I've used with Remind:
Email(s): email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
Cell phone number(s): xxx-xxx-xxxx, etc.
Step 3: Check your email inbox and/or phone
Our support team will send a verification code to your accounts via text or/and email, to verify your ownership of these accounts.
Please note: Private conversations from the merged account will not be transferred over.