|For all Remind users|
Parents will not receive a consent request email from Remind when a Hub organization creates an account for their child as the school is giving Remind permission on behalf of the parent.
Parents will receive an email detailing the steps required to provide verifiable consent for their under-13 child to use Remind when:
- their child signs up for Remind via the web, app, or SMS.
- an administrator or teacher manually adds the student to a Chat school or class.
- the child's school permanently removes them from their organization, and the child doesn't have a consent form.
- the child decides to leave a school, and they don't already have a consent form.
- the child becomes disconnected from their parent's account.
- a child signs up for tutoring sessions and still needs consent.
To give consent, a parent can:
- Download a permission form from the original email, print and sign it, and upload a photo of the form using the links provided.
- Use a credit card. Remind will immediately refund a $0.50 transaction on the card. Once parents give permission, Remind won't store their credit card information.