|For all Remind users
You may have a duplicate Remind account for one of the following reasons:
- you're connected to a Remind Hub school or district, and your organization created an account for you.
- you've used more than one email address or phone number with Remind.
- your contact information has changed since you first signed up for Remind.
Or it may appear that you have a duplicate Remind account because another community member has your current phone number associated with their Remind account. This article will show you how to merge duplicate accounts or pull a phone number that is now yours and add it to your account in Remind's Android app, so you can start sending and receiving messages in one Remind account.
Note: Please do not add your phone number to your child's account. This can cause you to merge your parent account with your child's account accidentally and this action is irreversible.
If you'd prefer to review text instructions or use a screen reader, please open the following section:
Please download any message history from your account before merging. Any private conversations will not transfer over but all new conversations moving forward will be linked to your new account.
- Open the Remind app.
- Tap the three lines at the top left.
- Then/or the gear icon on the top right.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Add phone or email.
- Select either phone number or email.
- Add the new phone number or email that might be associated with your duplicate Remind account.
- Confirm your device by entering the 4-digit confirmation code we sent to your email or phone.
- Review and verify any information found in the existing account is yours.
- If it's not your account but is your contact information, select I don’t recognize that account, and tap Submit.
- Tap That account belongs to a member of my family to take the device from that account and add it to your account, then tap Submit.
- Tap That’s also my account to combine the duplicate accounts, then tap Submit.
- Tap Merge accounts if you want to continue combining your duplicate accounts
- You'll receive a confirmation email and/or text message when you’ve tapped Submit after making your selection.
- If you need help logging in with the account your school created for you, please confirm what email address or phone number they may be using with a class owner or your school administrator.
- Log out of the Remind app before you share or change your device. This is to prevent your account from being accidentally accessed by another user.
- If you're not receiving a confirmation code to your device, you may have unsubscribed from receiving Remind messages in the past. Please join a class or school by texting 81010.