Session summaries are one of the most important parts of the Remind Tutoring experience for students, parents, and tutors.
The summaries are important for students because they provide direction on how the session went, strengths, growth areas and provide recommendations for improvement. They are important for parents as many parents do not attend the sessions and the summaries help keep them in the loop by showing them the student’s progress. The summaries are also important for tutors as they provide tutors with a reference on effective teaching strategies.
As such, tutors should send a session summary at the end of each tutoring session.
Steps to send a session summary
Tutors can send session summaries by:
- Upon completing a session with a student, open this link.
- Fill out the information and click "Submit"
- Tip: Make sure to ask your student's confidence level at the beginning and end of each session. You will need to provide this information in the session summary.
- Download the generated pdf
- Send the summary pdf as an attachment in the Remind Message Thread