Tutors with Remind Tutoring are Independent Contractors and therefore have control over their own schedule. Tutors are able to take as much time off as they would like with no rating or financial implications.
To ensure proper support of Remind Students:
- Please provide Remind Tutoring with as much notice as possible when scheduling time off. We ask specifically for at least 2 weeks’ notice to ensure we are able to support your students in your absence. Depending on the length of time you will be unavailable, your students may skip sessions or may be rescheduled with other tutors in your absence.
- If you are taking time off from Remind Tutoring for less than 3 weeks, please adjust your availability within your Remind app to remove your availability for the days you will be unavailable. If you will be taking a break from Remind Tutoring for 3 weeks or more, please place yourself on a “Pause” to ensure your students are properly supported.
- If you know of an upcoming change in your availability, please add a future availability so your students are able to be rescheduled during your new availability.
- If you are taking time off, please inform your students of your upcoming time away and an expected return date, if you know when you will return.
- When you are ready to return, please reach out to Remind Support to have your account reactivated.
One-off Time Off
This feature is available for when you have any one-off exceptions to your normal availability (eg, vacation, doctor's appointment, drop offs, illness).
*If you need to add time off over a scheduled session time reach out to Remind Tutoring Support here
- Log into Remind
- After logging into Remind, navigate to the left menu bar and click on ‘Tutor Dashboard’
- If this is your first time clicking on the button, you will need to set your availability first. Please see here for instructions on how to do that.
- If you have opened the Tutor Dashboard previously, it will take you to this week's schedule.
- To set your time off, please click the date you would like to adjust, and edit your availability for that date. You can set different hours for that day or remove all availability for it.
- If you need to schedule time off on a day you already have a session scheduled
- Input your time off.
- Reach out to Remind ASAP with your scheduled date and time for your time off through here and select “Report a Scheduling Issue”
- The team will work to reschedule your session.
- Once the session has been rescheduled, you will be asked to re-input your time off so it is saved on your schedule.
- Once your time off is saved, it will appear on your schedule at the bottom of the week you scheduled it for.
Setting a Pause for an extended time off
Remind allows you to set your account on a Pause if you will be taking a break from Remind Tutoring for 3 weeks or more.
*While you are on a Pause, you will not have sessions scheduled and your recurring sessions will be cancelled.*
- Open the Remind app or login to Remind on your laptop.
- After logging into Remind, navigate to the left menu bar and click on “Tutor dashboard” or go to the Availability link here
- Click “Pause Coaching” if you have an active schedule
- Set an Effective Date
- Optional: Set a “Return Date” and a “Reason for Pause”
- Click on the “Set Pause” button
When you are ready to return from your Pause, reach out to Remind Support to have your account reactivated
If you are unable to set a Pause, reach out to Remind Support here informing us that you are a tutor and will need to place your account in a Paused status. Remind Support will be able to update your account.