Remind allows tutors to set their general availability on a weekly basis. Remind uses the availability that they set to schedule sessions with new and recurring students. Please note that Remind Tutoring sessions only start on the hour (eg, 2:00pm).
*Please keep in mind that this is your general schedule, or the times you are usually available to take a session. You may be booked for sessions during this time frame with notification at least the day prior. Sessions scheduled during your availability are automatically accepted.
- Open the Remind app or login to Remind on your laptop.
- After logging into Remind, navigate to the left menu bar and click on ‘Tutor dashboard” or go to the Availability link here
- If this is your first time clicking on the button, it will open up a page for you to set your normal availability. These are the times you are normally available for sessions, you will have the availability to add time off for specific dates later.
- Set the timezone to your local timezone.
- This can be done by clicking on the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and clicking your timezone. Please note that Remind’s hours are outlined above.
- Once you have set your timezone, proceed with setting your availability for each day.
- This can be done by setting the start time in the left drop down menu and the end time in the right drop down menu for each day.
- If you would like to set multiple timeframes within one day, please click the ‘Add hours button above the right drop down menu.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll notice the optional toggle to set max daily sessions per day. When you click on this toggle, it opens up to add max daily sessions on a daily basis. This toggle allows you to select how many sessions you would like to have per day.
- For instance, you may have availability from 5pm - 9pm each day but would like to only tutor students for 3 sessions and have an hour break somewhere in between for dinner. In that case, you can set your max daily sessions as 3 per day.
- This is an optional toggle and does not need to be set.
- Once you have your availability complete, please click the “Set Availability” button at the bottom of the page to save your availability.
- Once you save your availability, it will take you to this week's schedule and will look like this.
- If you would like to update your normal availability, please click on the change availability button at the bottom of the schedule page.
- If you have students scheduled that are no longer on your new availability, please reach out to the Remind Support team to ensure that they are rescheduled. Parents and students do not receive a notification if your availability changes.