After you’ve set up auto messaging for your organization, read this article to get answers to frequently asked questions regarding auto messaging.
How do I know if my auto message is active?
You can see a list of Active, Inactive, and Draft auto messages on your Auto messages dashboard in Remind. You can only send an auto message that is in an active state.
Here's a list of statuses that your auto messages may be in.
- Active - A customized message that you've set up to send.
- Inactive - An auto message you paused. Typically for periods when school is out, such as a summer or winter break.
- Draft - An auto message that you’ve started and are still working on.
How can I fix missing parent or guardian connections (students without parents or guardians connected to them in Remind)?
To connect parents or guardians to students:
- Log in to Remind.
- Select the School the student is in.
- Click the People tab.
- Click the blue plus signto the right of the student missing a parent or guardian.
- Enter the parent or guardian's full name in the pop-up box.
Note 1: If a parent or guardian is not listed in the pop-up box, click the X at the top right corner.Note 2: Manually add a parent or guardian by following step 3 in How to add people to a class or school.Note 3: Once you’ve added the parent or guardian to the school or class, repeat steps 2- 5 to connect another parent or guardian to a student.
- Select their name, and click Add parent.
What are the unidentified student numbers in my CSV?
Unidentified people are the number of people who did not receive your message. This error occurs because the student number you provided does not match a rostered student at your school, or the student is not linked to a guardian in Remind.
- Ensure that your CSV spreadsheet has the correct student_numbers linked to the correct school. If a student is not found, please verify that all information is correct and up to date from the rostering process.
- Connect any students under the age of 13 to their respective parent or guardian accounts so they can receive messages on their behalf. To learn more about family member connections, click here.
Why did some students or parents not receive the auto message?
Some students or parents may have not received your auto message due to incorrect student numbers or student contact information. Please confirm all student numbers included in your CSV file transferred to Remind via SFTP, match the students listed in your organization. To confirm a student number, go to the People list, click on a student, expand on the school name section and verify the SIS student ID.
- Remind Hub administrators: You have the ability to change and/or update a member’s contact information.
- How can I create and send auto messages?
- How do I view the message summary for my auto messages?
- How do I activate and reactivate my auto message?
- How can I view my auto messaging CSV files?
- How do I delete, edit, or generate new SFTP credentials for my auto message?