For parents at organizations with Remind Hub.
If your child's school chooses to upgrade to Remind Hub, they can create Remind accounts for parents, notifying them via email, SMS, or both from Remind.
Follow the steps below to access your rostered account and make the most of the new tools available to you!
This article contains the following sections:
- Check your email and open the message from Remind.
- Click Claim your account in the email you received.
- If you have used Remind before, select Yes, I have. If you have not, skip to Step 4.
- Enter your existing username and password. Remind will link your existing Remind account with the one the school created. You'll still be able to access all your pre-existing classes and contacts in your account.
- If you do not have a Remind account yet, select No, I am new to Remind, and then create a password.
- Remind will send you an email with a 4-digit confirmation code. Enter the confirmation code to verify your device.
- Optional: Enter your phone number to connect it to your Remind account. Click Send code and check your phone for the code. Enter the code on the screen to confirm your phone number. You can click Skip this step if you do not want to receive Remind messages via text.
Now you can review the classes the school added you to under Classes Joined. You'll receive messages from your child's teachers based on your chosen notification preference. If the teachers allow two-way communication, you can also send them messages.
We highly recommend you download the Remind app as it's an easy way to receive and send messages.
If you can’t find the Remind email in your inbox, first check your Spam/Junk folders.
If the email is not in your Spam/Junk folder, go to this link and type in the email address that was used to create your account.
If you do not know your Remind password, click Forgot? and follow the steps here.
If the school creates a Remind account for you using your SMS phone number, you’ll receive a message on your phone.
You'll receive any messages from the school in this SMS thread. Messages from the classes you’re added to will be in a separate SMS thread. Saving the phone number from your child’s teacher and school will help keep your messages organized.
For more information check out this article: What Remind texts look like.
We highly recommend you download our Remind app (Available in the App and Google Play Store) to ensure you receive every message from your organization.
- Open the app.
- If this is your first time using the App either:
- Use your login credentials from the Remind website.
- Click the link in your email/SMS message from the school, and you will be taken to the app.
- Tap on a class under Classes joined.
- Tap on the class owner's name - it will be the first person listed on the Messages tab.
- Click View announcements sent before you joined to see previous announcements from the class owner.