During the summer, you can use Remind to send messages to teachers, parents, and students that are participating in summer school at your organization. There are three different ways you can create classes and accounts for summer school participants. Please choose only one of the rostering methods below to set up your organization for the summer.
Option 1: Unpause Clever sync and share summer school data
On May 28, 2021, Clever automatically paused all SIS to Clever syncs for all districts.* To create rostered summer school classes and accounts in Remind, you must first ask the Clever team to unpause your district’s Clever sync, and then share your district’s summer school data in Clever.
- The data for schools, classes, and accounts you shared during the school year should remain static during the summer; so you’ll be sharing unchanged data from the most recent school year in addition to updated summer school data with Remind.
- Any data changes that are reflected in Clever will be reflected in Remind. As a result, be sure that data changes only pertain to summer school classes and accounts, and that all other data in Clever remains stagnant.
*Some organizations may have chosen to pause its Clever sync on a different date, or to not pause the sync at all. If you did not pause your district’s sync, you just have to share your organization's summer school data with Remind to create summer school classes and accounts.
Option 2: Keep Clever sync paused and create custom sections in Clever
Instead of unpausing your district’s SIS sync to Clever, you can create custom sections in Clever to add summer school rostering data. Remind will receive the data that is in the custom sections during our nightly Clever sync.
To create custom sections:
- Log in to your Clever portal.
- Click Dashboard.
- Select Support tools.
- Navigate to the Custom data page.
- Select Add custom data.
- Click Sections.
- Follow the instructions outlined here to add the necessary section details.
If you need any assistance with creating custom sections in Clever, please contact Clever’s support team.
- Clever does not currently support creating custom schools.
- It can take up to 15 minutes for a newly created section to become available in Clever.
- Summer school classes and accounts will not update to reflect any information you change in your SIS, because your SIS-Clever sync is paused. Remind will only reflect new data when you make changes to the custom sections you created.
Option 3: Manually create summer school classes and accounts
We can manually create and add a “Summer School” to your district. From there, you can directly add teachers, parents, and students to the Summer School, and have your teachers manually create the classes they need for the summer. If you are interested in this method, please contact your CSM.
- Summer school classes will not reflect any changes you make in Clever as they are manually created by teachers. Class owners can update summer school classes via their account.
- Teachers must manually archive summer school classes at the end of the summer.