For administrators and teachers with Remind hub. Available on the web only.
You can prohibit a school or class participant from changing their profile name via your Remind dashboard online at any time.
- Only administrators and teachers can ban school participants from changing their name.
- To have access to ban a class participant from changing their name, your class must be linked to a school.
To ban a participant from changing their name:
- Log in to your Remind account.
- Click on your school or class name.
- Note: Only administrators can make changes at the school level.
- Select the People tab.
- Click on the name of the participant you want to ban from changing their name.
- Click the three vertical dots on the participant's profile .
- Choose Edit Name.
- Change the participant's first and/or last name.
- Check the Ban this person from changing their name box.
- Click Save.
When the participant attempts to change their name via their Profile page, they'll see a banner that lets them know they are not allowed to change their name.