At Remind, we want to make sure we maximize the time spent in each tutoring session with you and your student. Here are some tips that we recommend for all parents and students to get the most out of every session:
Create a conducive learning environment
- We recommend students attend their sessions in a noise-free and distraction-free environment to give students the space they need to focus and learn.
- Home offices are ideal, but any space tucked away from foot traffic and everyday distractions will be best. This allows the student and tutor to have each other’s undivided attention during the entirety of the tutoring session.
- Ensure your internet connection is stable and your student's phone is on do not disturb mode for the tutoring session.
- Set up your tutoring devices. Remind Tutoring recommends using two devices. For more information: click here
Keep your camera on
- One tool a tutor uses to assess student engagement and comprehension is if reading their body language. As a result, we highly recommend keeping their camera on for the duration of the session. Other tips to help create a successful tutoring environment
- Another way you can help your student get the most out of their tutoring session is to remove any devices that they will not be used during the session, such as televisions, game systems, phones, tablets, or computers, from their environment or turn them off. Here is a link to our help center article to help assist with setting up devices for tutoring.
- We invite parents or guardians to be a part of the tutoring session, especially for younger students participating in their first session. If you are unable to attend the session, we ask that you remain in close proximity so that you may hear the session, and provide your student assistance if necessary.
At Remind, we believe the best tutoring experience comes from a partnership between your tutor you, and your child. If you need any other advice or have questions on the best way to prepare for your student specifically, please feel free to reach out to us here.