In addition to CSV 2.0 sync, ClassLink’s Roster Server can generate OneRoster files to sync with Remind via SFTP. Prior to setting up the CSV sync with Remind, you must first add Remind to your ClassLink account by following the steps below:
- Sign into your ClassLink admin account.
- Click Apps (second option located at the top of the dashboard).
- Select Add App which is on the right side of the screen.
- Switch on the Show Development Apps toggle.
- Search for Remind.
- Click the blue +App button to include the Remind app for rostering.
- Select Custom Permissions.
- Select Demographics.
- Sign into your Remind account to configure the SFTP setup, and begin the SIS sync process for your organization.
Be sure to review the data you are sharing with Remind, and filter out emergency contact information.
- Remind’s app in ClassLink uses SFTP (not ClassLink's REST API) to transmit the CSV files.
- The SFTP setup in ClassLink should be configured to sync nightly, between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. PST.
- Remind does not currently have ClassLink’s SSO integrated.