In addition to CSV 2.0 sync, ClassLink’s Roster Server can generate OneRoster files to sync with Remind via SFTP. Prior to setting up your Classlink sync with Remind, you must first add Remind to your ClassLink account by following the steps below:
- Sign in to your ClassLink admin account.
- Click Apps (second option located at the top of the dashboard).
- Select Add App which is on the right side of the screen.
- Switch on the Show Development Apps toggle.
- Search for Remind.
- Click the blue +App button to include the Remind app for rostering.
- Select Custom Permissions.
- Select Demographics.
- To complete the configuration of your setup, sign back into your Remind account to generate your SFTP credentials.
- Finally, back in Classlink, from the Applications page, navigate to Remind's Export Settings in order to finish setting up your SFTP connection.
Be sure to review the data you are sharing with Remind, and filter out emergency contact information.
- Remind’s app in ClassLink uses SFTP (not ClassLink's REST API) to transmit the CSV files. Make sure the file details are not zipped.
- The SFTP setup in ClassLink should be configured to sync nightly, between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. PST.
- Remind does not currently have ClassLink’s SSO integrated.