For administrators with a School and District plan that have rostered via a SIS sync
Between terms there may be a number of Student Information System (SIS) changes that occur at your district and/or school that you would like reflected in Remind. For example, changes in enrollments or adding/removing a group of teachers/parents/students to/from a school. Review this list of steps that should be taken before the new term begins to ensure a smooth transition.
1. Review and update shared SIS data based on your SIS sync method:
- Clever Sync - check your Clever account to ensure that your new term data is being shared with Remind and that any holds in Clever are released. For more information, please refer to Clever’s help center here.
- Note that Remind will pause all Clever-Remind syncs from Wednesday, December 19 until Wednesday, January 2.
- Direct Sync - ensure your SIS term updates are reflected in your CSV files and then transferred to Remind via SFTP.
- Note that in order to automate the removal of users and classes in Remind (based on changes that happen in your SIS), you must upload your CSV files at least once every 90 days.
2. Release any SIS sync holds in Remind.
If a large number of destructive changes (teacher, student, parent or class removals) or other data configuration issues are detected, we will place your sync on hold as a safeguard. We share the details of the issue(s) detected in a downloadable CSV file accessible through your SIS sync tab. You will be prompted to approve the changes to move forward. Read more about how to manage SIS sync holds here.
3. Remind teachers to archive any non-rostered classes.
Teachers will receive an email about their class changes. All removed classes from the SIS update will be auto-archived for each teacher. Thus, teachers should remove any classes they manually created and will no longer be using in the new term. You can prepare them to do so by sharing this article.
4. Review the school people list.
There may be people subscribed at the school level who are leaving or no longer are active. You can remove them individually or send a school-wide message with instructions on how to unsubscribe by texting @leave @schoolcode. You can also share this article.