For administrators with a Remind plan using CSV format 1.0
Between terms there may be a number of Student Information System (SIS) changes that occur at your district and/or school that you would like reflected in Remind. Review this list of steps that should be taken before the new term begins to ensure a smooth transition.
1. Review and update shared SIS data based on your SIS sync method:
- Clever Sync - check your Clever account to ensure that your new term data is being shared with Remind and that any holds in Clever are released.
- CSV Sync - ensure your new term data is reflected in your CSV files and then transferred to Remind via SFTP.
- We recommend pausing your SFTP file transfer to Remind during periods when SIS data is rolling over to a new semester or new school year.
- Note that in order to automate the removal of users and classes in Remind (based on changes that happen in your SIS), you must upload all of your CSV files at least once every 90 days.
2. Release any SIS sync holds in Remind.
If a large number of destructive changes (teacher, student, parent or class removals) or other data configuration issues are detected, we will place your sync on hold as a safeguard. We share the details of the issue(s) detected in a downloadable CSV file accessible through your SIS sync tab. You will be prompted to approve the changes to move forward. Read more about how to manage SIS sync holds here.
3. Remind teachers to archive non-rostered classes.
When your new term data is successfully synced to Remind, teachers will receive an email about their class changes. All classes removed from the SIS will be suggested for archiving for each teacher in Remind. Teachers should archive any classes they manually created and will no longer be using in the new term. You can prepare them to do so by sharing this article.
New teachers added to your SIS over the term break will receive an automatic notification when your SIS sync resumes.
4. Review the school class and people lists.
There may be classes associated with the school that were manually created outside of your SIS sync. If these classes should no longer be associated with the school, you can remove them.
There may also be people subscribed at the school level who joined outside of your SIS sync. If these individuals have left the school or are no longer active, you can remove them individually or send a school-wide message with instructions on how to unsubscribe by texting @leave @schoolcode. You can also share this article.