For administrators with a School and District plan.
Your People Tab in your admin dashboard is where you can add, remove, manage, get message history, and much more for every participant-teachers, students, and parents/guardians- in your school.
Note: The People Tab can only be accessed at the school organization level.
Feature Deep Dive
- Within the People Tab, the Add People button is located on the top right corner of your dashboard
- From here, you can add users through the Direct Add flow
- Take home PDF instructions, in-person instructions, and shareable links to join a class are also available here in the Add People menu
Contacting a user
- Send a message
Click on the three dots in the last column of the People Tab to access admin controls for each user. Once clicked the following menu of options appear:
- Change role-Select user's role: student, parent, or teacher
- View profile-See user's notification preferences, record private notes about the user, see and manager user's classes, and contact user from this view.
- Copy to another class-Copy a user to another class to make them a participant in that class
- Get message history-Request a users message history (note: school admins send request to district admins).
- Remove from school or class-Remove a user from the school or from a class
- Report to Remind-Report a user to Remind when the violate our community guidelines and Remind will review within 24 hours.
Filtering and sorting users
- Filtering and searching for users - Find a specific user(s) in the school by using the filter tool to filter by role or by searching for a user by name in the search field.
- Sort users - Click on the Name column heading to sort your People list by first or last name. Click on the Role column heading to sort your People list by user role (teacher, admin, student, parent).Click on the Date Joined column to sort your People list by the date each user joined the school.
- Identify if users are reachable by SMS or phone - If the icon is a blue lightening bolt it indicates the user has connected the account to their phone number and can be reached by SMS and by phone. If the icon is a grey circle with three dots, it indicates the user has yet to connect a phone number to their account.
- Identify and connect family member connections - Look in the Family Member column of the People Tab to see what family members are connected to the user. (Ex: parents connected to student). If parents still need to be connected students, click on the plus icon in the family member column next to the student or parent to search for the user, and select the user to connect the two accounts.
Increase engagement by:
- Identifying who still needs to add their mobile phone to their accounts
- Identifying which students still are not linked to parents
Keep safety a priority in your community:
- Report users who are not following community guidelines
- Review a user's message history to review a user's conduct