A school's CSV sync will be placed on hold if Remind suspects a data configuration issue with your school information, or if Remind encounters an issue with the SIS sync connection. You will be notified via email when a sync is placed on hold.
Instructions for resolving each of the different hold states are outlined below:
As a policy, Remind holds syncs that will have a large impact on your data. This is an opportunity to review the data removals to make sure they're expected. Please note this hold type is to be expected when SIS syncs are updated during the semester and year-end changes.
- Click Download CSV in order to obtain the files that contain information on the destructive changes encountered by Remind and review them.
- If destructive changes are expected, click Confirm removals. Your sync will resume with the data changes we initially detected.
- If the changes are unexpected, click How to fix my files. Follow the instructions in the article, and make any necessary changes directly in your SIS to address the issue. Once you have made the updates to the CSV files, upload all of the files in to Remind.
- We will start processing your sync once you transfer your revised, complete set of CSVs to Remind via SFTP. If you have established a recurring SFTP sync, your updates will be processed when your next scheduled SIS sync occurs.
Students in your school data have six or more contacts associated with them. This could mean that emergency/secondary contacts are being shared with Remind. Emergency and secondary contacts are users that teachers don't typically contact. As such, we don't recommend creating accounts for them.
- Download the CSV file of these students and review them. If you wish to sync them, click Create accounts. Your sync will resume with the data we received.
- If you need to remove emergency and secondary contacts from your SIS sync with Remind, select How to fix my files, and then go to your SIS and adjust the filter on your CSV exports to exclude emergency contacts.
- Once you've ensured that emergency and secondary contacts have been removed from your SIS, upload the updated files. We will start processing your sync the next time you transfer your revised, complete set of CSVs to Remind via SFTP. If you have established a recurring SFTP sync, your updates will be processed when your next scheduled SIS sync occurs.