When you're on the SIS sync dashboard for your district, scroll down to the Schools section. Here you'll see the schools in your district that have one of the following sync statuses:
Connected - Schools that are successfully sharing data to Remind via CSV 1.0, 2.0, or OneRoster sync.
On hold - Schools that have sync changes that will significantly impact their data.
Not connected - Schools that are not sharing any data with Remind.
The district administrator in charge of your sync will be notified via email whenever a sync is placed on hold.
This article has the following sections:
On hold reasons
Any time a school is on hold:
- Select the school.
- Click Download CSV of changes.
- Review the sync changes to ensure they are expected.
Although you can release holds on each school's SIS sync dashboard, we recommend doing so from the district level because you can view all the schools simultaneously and take action for one or more schools simultaneously.
Large number of removals - You'll see this hold when the CSV 1.0, 2.0, or OneRoster sync files are updated during the semester- and year-end changes, such as removing people and classes and changes to source IDs.
- If data removal changes are unexpected, make any necessary changes directly in your SIS to address the issue. Once you have completed the updates to the CSV files, upload all of the required files into Remind.
- We will start processing your sync once you transfer your revised, complete set of CSVs to Remind via SFTP. If you have established a recurring SFTP sync, your updates will be processed when your next scheduled SIS sync occurs.
- If the data removals are expected for specific schools, select the schools and click Clear holds.
Too many parent connections - Students have six or more guardians associated with them.
- If the student should have fewer guardians connected to them, remove the associations in the SIS, and upload all required CSV 1.0, 2.0, or OneRoster files. Your sync will resume with the data we received.
- If you've confirmed all the guardians and their numbers should be linked to the student, select the school, and Clear holds.
Emergency contacts included - Some people in your data have the "emergency" or "secondary" contact type in your SIS. We don’t recommend creating accounts for emergency or secondary contacts. We also don't recommend creating an account for people who should not receive messages about students.
- If you need to filter out emergency and secondary contacts from your data shared with Remind, go to your SIS and adjust the filter on your CSV exports to exclude emergency contacts. Once you've made sure that emergency and secondary contacts have been removed from your SIS, upload the updated files. We will start processing your sync the next time you transfer your revised, complete set of CSVs to Remind via SFTP. If you have established a recurring SFTP sync, your updates will be processed when your next scheduled SIS sync occurs.
You may have schools in your district that are not sending data to Remind. If this is intentional, you don't have to take any action. If you need to connect a school, you can click Match schools and follow the prompts on the page to share the school's data with Remind.