For administrators in schools and districts with the Remind Plan, the best way to add your students, parents, and staff is in bulk. In most cases, you can upload a CSV of your school community's contact information to create their accounts automatically—no opt-in needed. You can upload by role.
If you don't have a CSV, you can click on Phone or email contacts and copy/paste a list of phone numbers, email addresses, or both, and they'll be automatically added to Remind. It's also helpful to print out a copy of your “Printable PDF” with instructions on how to join. Many administrators post copies of this sheet in the school entry and at the front desk.
Adding people who already have Remind accounts
If a Remind account already exists with the email or phone number that you add, that user will just be added to your organization. If they created a Remind account using another email (e.g., their Gmail account), they'll be prompted to either create a new account or merge their existing account by adding their official school email. If they haven't done either, Remind will automatically create a new account for them.
If you notice duplicate people in your school after uploading, they've likely used a different email address or cell number to join Remind. Contact the Support team, and we can help merge them into one account.
If you're getting an error that your CSV file couldn't be imported, here are a few things to check:
- Make sure it's a .CSV file (not .XLS or .XLSX).
- There must be column headers in the order of first name, last name, email address or cell number.
- There are no extra columns beyond first name, last name, and email address or cell number.
- There are no blank rows above or below the list of people.
Here's how to export a spreadsheet as a CSV:
- Excel: File/Office Button > Save As > CSV
- Numbers: File > Export To > CSV
- Google Docs: File > Download as > Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)