For administrators with a Remind plan.
You can create accounts for staff members, parents, and students in your organization without transferring data from your student information system (SIS). Click here for information about rostering with a SIS sync.
Before creating accounts for anyone in your community, make sure to notify them about Remind. You can find email templates here.
This resource covers the following topics:
- Create Remind accounts with contact information
- Invite people to join Remind with a school code
Create Remind accounts with contact information
If you have contact information for people in a school, you can create accounts for them by adding them directly to Remind.
You'll need a spreadsheet with the full names and contact information of the people you'd like to add to Remind, separated into students, parents, and teachers. NOTE: An email address is required for adding teachers to Remind.
You can add up to 150 people at a time, and you can repeat the process as many times as necessary.
Once you have your spreadsheet, log in to Remind and go to a school dashboard.
- Click on the Add people button in the top right.
- In the menu on the left, select Phone or email contacts.
- From your spreadsheet, copy and paste the required information into the table. The table will expand to accommodate your data. Be sure to copy all the information that you need at once (name, contact information, etc.). You won't be able to copy and paste a single column at a time.
- Click on the Add people button to create their Remind accounts.
When accounts have been successfully created, you'll see them appear in your organization's people list. You can also connect family members on Remind.
Invite people to join Remind with a school code
If contact information isn't available, people in your community can create accounts instantly with your school code. Like class codes, this is the unique code for each school on a Remind plan. For district administrators, every school in the district will have a different school code.
To find your school code, click on the Add people button in the top right of the school dashboard and select In-person instructions. When people text this code to the phone number 81010, their accounts will automatically be created.
To print out these instructions, select Printable PDFs to generate a customized flyer.
Tip: Post copies of this flyer in popular areas like the school entryway or at the front desk.
- What if people already have Remind accounts?
If you create a Remind account for someone who already has an account, or if they text your school code to 81010, they'll be automatically added to your organization.
If you see duplicates of people in your organization, they might have signed up with a different email address or cell phone number. Contact the Support team to merge multiple accounts.
- Does Remind comply with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act?
Remind complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), so any student accounts you create are treated as accounts for children under 13 and limited to one-way messaging. However, students are immediately prompted to add their date of birth to their accounts. If they indicate that they're 13 or older, two-way messaging will be available on their accounts.
- How can I create classes for my community?
Once Remind accounts have been created for people in your organization, you can create classes and populate them as well.