You can transfer classes to another teacher or give ownership of your account to another teacher.
This article contains the following sections:
To transfer a class to another account:
- Ensure the new owner has a Remind teacher account and has joined the class.
- On the web or in the app, click on the Settings tab for the class.
- Scroll down to the Class owners section → click Add class owner → select the person and click Add.
- Click Remove me as class owner. You can only remove yourself as an owner if there is another owner.
Instead of transferring your account to someone else, we highly recommend having that individual create their own Remind account and transferring your classes to them. When you transfer your entire account, the new account owner will have access to your individual, group, and class message history and archived classes.
To transfer your account to someone else:
- Obtain your message history.
- Ensure the individual doesn't already have a Remind account and is with you.
- If they already have a Remind account, we recommend you follow the directions above to transfer ownership of each of your classes. Once that is done, you can delete your account in Account.
- In the upper left of your Remind account, click your name and then Account settings.
- Update the display name, personal information, and password on the Profile page.
- Click Notification preferences on the left sidebar → click Add contact method → select Email → Enter their email address and click Send code.
- Have the teacher check their email for the code and enter it.
- Click the trashcan icon next to your email to remove it.