Congratulations on beginning your educational journey with Remind Tutoring!
By now you have selected your student's subject(s), grade level, and chosen a recurring session time. Your student has been paired with a Remind tutor for weekly recurring sessions. You may add additional sessions, skip individual sessions, or end your recurring tutoring plan at any time.
- Learn more about the cancelation and reschedule policy here: What is your policy regarding reschedules or cancelations?
- Prepare for your student's first session by following the steps outlined here: How should a student prepare for their first session?
- Need to add additional recurring sessions or add one-off sessions? Follow the steps outlined here: How to schedule a tutoring session
- Need to cancel or reschedule a session? Follow the steps outlined here: How to cancel a tutoring session or How to reschedule a tutoring session
Remind Tutoring sessions are relationship-forward and include a video call with the same tutor each session as well as access to the interactive whiteboard which allows the tutor and student to work in tandem.
- Learn more about the whiteboard here: How to use our virtual whiteboard
You will have the opportunity to rate each session and your tutor's connection with your student.
- Learn more here: Session Ratings
Communication between students, parents, tutors, and when available, teachers occurs through the Remind Message Threads.
- Learn more about Message Threads here: What are Remind Message Threads?
Thirty minutes before a session starts, a message with a link to join the video call with your Remind tutor is sent through the Remind message thread, and with a link to the interactive whiteboard. After the session, the tutor will send a summary of the session, as well as possibly additional resources and recommended next steps.
When your student is ready for the next subject, reach out to Remind Support below. If your current tutor is able to support the new subject we'll update your student's subject and maintain the same tutoring schedule. If your current tutor is not able to support the new subject we'll match you with another great tutor who can!