For Remind Hub teachers.
When your school creates classes for you, all you need to do is log in to your Remind account to claim and access them. You can claim your new classes via a computer, a mobile browser, or via the Remind app.
This article contains the following sections:
- How to claim my classes
- How to troubleshoot claiming my classes
How to claim my classes
When you're in your account, you'll see a screen with a list of your classes separated into two sections:
- Your Class List - A list of classes you manually created as well as a list of new classes your school created. New classes are easily identifiable as they'll have a green link next to them.
- Classes to be Archived - A list of inactive classes your school no longer shares with Remind. These classes will automatically be archived when you access your Remind dashboard. You can click the three dots to unarchive them, or you can restore your archived classes via Account settings -> Profile -> Archived classes at any time.
Once you're done reviewing all classes in both sections, click Finish to claim your classes. The classes from Your class list will automatically appear on the left navigation menu of your dashboard under Classes Owned.
How to troubleshoot claiming my classes
I see an error message
- If you log in to your Remind account to claim your new classes and see an error message, as shown in the image below, click Finish to access your Remind dashboard. You can use Remind as usual and send announcements to the classes you already own or co-own. Typically, the issue you're experiencing will resolve the next time you log in to your account.
- If the issue persists, we recommend clearing your browser cookies or using a different browser to access your account. Please reach out to our Support team if neither of those troubleshooting steps works.
I don't see a message to claim classes
If you log in to your Remind account and do not see a screen to claim new classes, you may have a duplicate Remind account. You should reach out to your administrator and confirm the email address your school used to create a Remind account for you. If you learn you have two Remind accounts, each associated with a different email address, we highly recommend merging your Remind accounts so you can easily access your classes on one dashboard.
I think my account role is incorrect
You must have a teacher account to claim new classes. To find out the type of Remind account you have:
- Click on your name in the upper left corner.
- Click Account Settings.
- Scroll down the Profile page to the Role section and check to see if Teacher is listed.
If you see a Parent or Student role instead, please reach out to our Support Team by sending them a message here. Our team will need to verify you're a teacher at your organization; so be sure to include your school's website - where your name, position, and the same email address your school used to create your account appear.
If you're not listed on your school's website, please add an administrator to your message and ask them to reply all and confirm you're a member of their staff. When you do, please provide a link to your school's website so our Support team can confirm this person's role and email address and complete their request to upgrade your account role.