For administrators with a School or District Plan (CSV/SIS only).
To get messages right on their phones—whether through SMS text messages or app notifications—your students need to have mobile numbers on Remind. School information systems don’t always include these contacts, but students can add mobile numbers to their Remind accounts in less than a minute.
Here’s all they need to do:
- Take out their cell phones.
- Text your school code to the phone number 81010 .
- When prompted, reply with the your student ID number. They’ll need to complete this step in order to receive messages on their phones.
81010 Day: 10 Minutes (or Less!) to Set Up Your Entire School
To streamline the onboarding process, try organizing an 81010 day
for your school. Just pick a date and time for all of your students to add their numbers to Remind—and you’ll be set for the rest of the year.
It’s especially effective to schedule 81010 day for homeroom or whenever you make school announcements.
Preparing for 81010 day:
- Sync your roster information (teachers, students, parents, and classes) with Remind.
- Let teachers and staff members know about 81010 day and what’s involved.
- Make sure students have and know their student ID numbers.
- Print out copies of our 81010 poster, fill in your school code, and put them up where they’ll be seen (like the front office or hallways). Click here to download.
On 81010 day:
Ask students to take out their cell phones and follow the steps above to add their mobile numbers to Remind. That’s it!
Need to find your school code?
Go to your school class, click on
Add people, and choose In-person instructions.